Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Don't Finish the Leftovers

The other day, I ignored my own advice ("I am not a garbage disposal"). We had a bunch of leftovers from the week, it was the weekend, time for lunch and I thought, "Great idea: finish off the leftovers so we can start the week fresh." Actually, it was a bad idea because I ended up polishing off way too many meatless meatballs in marinara sauce and leftover eggplant parmesan. Did I really need to do that to myself in the name of a clean fridge? No!

It can be very tempting, I know, even if the cleanliness of your fridge is not top of mind when you do it. There's no shame in taking a small portion of the leftovers and saving the rest for another day (or two). So the fridge isn't "fresh" for the week--who's inspecting it anyway? On the other hand, your waistline probably won't be very forgiving.

Please keep portion control in mind when eyeing the week's leftovers. And if you don't, then don't feel guilty--just have a piece of fruit and call it a day as far as eating goes. You'll feel much better in the morning and much more in control when the new week begins. I know I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment