Monday, January 4, 2010

Time to Purge

Now that the year is fresh and shiny new, it's time to rid your home and work space of any holiday remnants that might be sabotaging you. You know what I'm talking about: the secret candy stash, the tins of caramel/cheese/butter popcorn, the cookies that haven't quite been finished off yet. I personally sent my husband to work today with two tins of that popcorn, and yesterday I threw out any leftover party food that wasn't on my eating plan. Bye-bye, baked brie and spinach dip! And you know what, it felt very cleansing.

If you're like me, you were raised not to waste food. It's so intrinsic to my way of thinking that I will try to get everyone else to eat any sinful leftovers in the house, rather than simply throwing them away. And while I don't think that throwing out food is a good regular practice and would rather see better planning, there are times when tossing those leftover pastry-wrapped cheese concoctions is the smart thing to do. Honestly, who really needs them? If you can't get someone to take them to work, then let the trashcan have them.

So let today be the day you'll purge the house/office of goal-defeating foods, one way or another. Fill your fridge and pantry with wholesome, fresh foods that taste good and make you feel good. Get out that list of healthful snacks and stock your home and office with them. Recommit to your goals, and you'll be that much closer to reaching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment