Saturday, April 3, 2010

Give Workout Videos a Chance

When my kids were babies and I couldn't get to the gym, I was a huge workout video devotee. I could exercise anytime I wanted at my level--whatever level that happened to be on any particular day during early motherhood. From the get-go, my daughters learned that when Mommy is working out, you don't bother her unless it's an emergency (well, most of the time they stuck to this). As they got older and I was able to venture out to gyms with childcare, I only used workout videos occasionally, and after my kids started school and I discovered running I only used them when the weather was bad. But lately, I've rediscovered the wonderful world of workout videos.

No matter how fit or how much of a beginner you are, no matter what type of exercise you enjoy or are ready for, there's a workout video designed for you. I suggest you start with a catalog that offers a broad range of exercise videos. My favorite is Collage Video (www.collagevideo.com) because there are so many options and the customer service reps will help you through the process of choosing the videos that are right for you. They even rate the videos they sell (opt for the "Staff Favorites" for the best choices). Everything from Jillian Michaels to Billy Blanks to Denise Austin--plus lots of great, new instructors--is available, and it's a fun, safe way to try something new like ballet, boot camp or ballroom right in the privacy of your own home. The only downside is you have to be motivated enough to throw in the DVD and actually do the workout. But that's another issue we've covered before.

So whether you're a brand-new exerciser or have been working out for a long time and want to try something different, give workout videos a chance. They can give new life to your weight-loss and fitness efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment