Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Struggling

So I've been facing some challenges lately. The first is about 2-3 lbs. that crept on during Passover and have remained stubbornly attached to me. The other is a heel injury that has me off high-impact exercise for awhile. Not a good combination! I've been going to spin classes like a fanatic, doing weight training tapes and yoga/Pilates at home and trying to be fastidious about my diet, but ... I miss running and Cardio Muscle class. And every other day has presented either a restaurant meal or special occasion with high-cal food to celebrate. Grrrr!!!

Now admittedly, 2-3 lbs. isn't a whole lot--probably not even noticeable to the untrained eye. And I haven't fallen off the wagon completely, since I'm still exercising and watching what I eat, as best I can. But I'm mindful not to let those 2-3 lbs. expand. But let me tell you, it's HARD to keep your eye on the prize with so many distractions and obstacles. I feel for all of you out there who are dealing with weight loss and maintenance because I'm dealing with it, too, every day.

It was gratifying to get on the scale this morning and see I'm down a half-pound. And even though today isn't a calorie-scorching cardio day for me (I'm doing muscle work instead), I'll be sure to load up on the fruits and veggies and keep portion sizes in line because I know that's what works for me. My advice to you is never to give up on your goals. It IS hard to keep going, but don't stop. Remember that there are so many people going through the same struggles you are (myself included!) and it is worth the effort. I'll let you know when those 2-3 come off and I'm back to my fighting weight again. But in the meantime, let's all stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment