I'm a short woman, not even 5' tall, and I don't think average-size or tall people really get how hard it is for us little folk to lose weight. Basically, being short means that my calorie needs are lower, so I can't eat as much as most people can without gaining weight. When I finally accepted this fact, I began to lose weight.
Losing 25 lbs. may not sound like such a great feat, especially when you read about people losing well over 100 lbs. on some weight-loss plans (that weight loss is more than an entire one of me!!). But when you're short, even losing 5 lbs. is a major deal. And when you're eating the wrong foods in the wrong amounts, losing weight is next to impossible for a short person, not to mention a short WOMAN! (For the record, it seems that women have a harder time shedding pounds than men do because our bodies are hard-wired to hold onto fat stores in case we have a baby growing inside us.) Fortunately, because we're little, we probably can't eat as much as bigger people can, which automatically reduces our calorie intake.
When I finally discovered a way to eat that didn't leave me hungry and allowed me to lose weight and still have lots of energy, I jumped on it. I believe my eating plan can work for anyone who wants to lose weight, but especially for short women who like to eat but just can't figure out how to restrict their calories enough to lose weight and not be ravenous all the time.
So if you're little like me, take heart. There is a way. Go back to my early posts and read how I did it. Follow the principles I outline here. See if you don't start losing weight like I did and being pleased with what you see in the mirror. Just don't give up. And don't forget about exercise, which IS important for revving up your metabolism. Remember, every calorie burned is that much more relevant to a short person's weight-loss success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am also a short woman, it is a unique circumstance that is glossed over by a lot of weight loss programs for sure! I can't say I realized this though until you made the connection! Thanks for the great info!
ReplyDeleteLosing weight when you're short is unique and under-reported. You're welcome! Please tell others about my blog!
ReplyDelete