OK, so today was not exactly a stellar eating day for me. It started out nice and healthy, but something went awry when I started baking those cookies with my two daughters because one of them was captivated by the ravioli shape in the cookbook picture. You know those cookies, the ones with nearly two cups of butter in them--that's right. Well, needless to say, our cookies didn't turn out anything like the picture. Their only saving grace was that they tasted amazing, so of course I had to try them. And "try" is a kind way of putting it.
The day sort of spiraled downward from there, dietwise, ending with white pasta and more of those cookies. But look, it's the last day of summer vacation, school starts tomorrow and it was an excuse to celebrate--allright, overindulge. But tomorrow is another day.
And I know it will be a good one because I've already stocked my kitchen with the ingredients for a healthy eating day (week, actually). Salmon is ready to be poached, the veggie drawer is full of my favorites, there's a bowl of tomatoes from the garden on the counter, and I bought fresh blueberries and strawberries, too. So even though today wasn't a day I'm proud of, I can go right back to my eating plan tomorrow (and actually DO IT instead of just talking about it).
So can you. Don't give in to one day, week, month--whatever--of eating poorly. Think of it as an aberration and get right back on the wagon the next day. Because you will have bad days, and you can recover from them--I guarantee it.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment